The MasterThink team acts as a catalyst, asking penetrating questions and creating an environment for the CEO and the leaders of a company to think through every aspect of their business, both internally and externally, and to identify the gap between where they are now and their desired future.
This kind of introspection takes time, but it’s essential—you can’t know where you are going unless you know where you are right now, both in the marketplace and within your own company. Unless you ask the right questions, you’ll never come up with suitable answers.
Who are we? What are we? Where are we?
- What are the key trends in the marketplace?
- What is the positive and negative impact these trends will have on our company?
- Who is our competition? How do we stack up against them?
- How do we minimize our weaknesses and leverage our strengths?
- How are we organized internally? What is working smoothly? What needs to be improved or changed? Where are our inefficiencies and waste?
- How does our team need to be developed in order to handle growth? What are the strengths and weaknesses of our people, and how do these affect the performance of the organization?
- Where can we improve financially? Are we measuring adequately? Are our reports meaningful? Are we estimating and billing properly?
During this crucial first step, we will help your team begin to think strategically and tactically, and we will position and align them to take responsibility for the future direction of the company.
Once you have done a thorough evaluation of your company and the marketplace, what’s the next step? Strategy for Growth #2 will FOCUS you and your people on the strategic changes that are essential to get you from where you are to where you want to be.